1. Turn the key from OFF to ON
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few seconds. As soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key OFF instantly
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times
5. Now turn the key ON and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry
6. Now turn the key OFF again, count to 5 like in step 3 and turn back ON. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing
If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.
The information in this post was originally posted at www.nissan-navara.net. Go there and sign up, it is a VERY useful site with great people.
If this has helped you in any way please let me know. Tweet @_BenjaminPeters or buy me a beer!